BEETROOT, ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES & HONEY SOUP
Serves 10 | Preparation 45 mins | Cook 45 mins
5 Beetroots (peeled and diced)
3 red onions
(peeled and roughly chopped)
4 carrots (chopped)
4 gloves of garlic
3 parsnips (peeled & chopped)
3 sprigs of rosemary (no storks)
3 sprigs of thyme (no storks)
3 tbsp honey
1L vegetable stock
3 tbsp Forage rapeseed oil
1 tsp truffle oil (optional)
Handful of kale
Handful of pumpkin seeds
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
2. Place the prepared root vegetables and beetroot on a tray and coat with rapeseed oil.
3. Add the rosemary and half of the thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until slightly soft (shake or turn veg half way through cooking).
5. Transfer the vegetables to a large pot, then add the finely chopped garlic and honey and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the vegetable stock and truffle oil, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until the veg is cooked through.
7. Place kale in the roasting dish and drizzle with rapeseed oil – scrunch in hands to make sure it’s coated then scatter the pumpkin seeds. Roast for 5-7 minutes.
8. Blitz in food processor until smooth (add more water or veg stock if needed).
9. Season to taste and finish off with crispy kale and pumpkin seeds.
Optional: add cream, yogurt or crème fraiche