SWEET CURED PORK COLLAR, ASPARAGUS AND PEA RISOTTO
Serves 4 | Preparation 20 mins | Cook 30 mins
250g Penllyn Estate Sweet Cured Pork Collar
2 bunches Wye Valley Asparagus
2 good handfuls Spinach
1 White Onion (finely diced)
4 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
300g Fresh Popped Peas
2 cans 500ml Potts’ Ready to Use Vegetable or Chicken Stock
300g Italian Organic Carnaroli Risotto Rice
½ packet of Caws Teifi Cheese (Mature) or Parmesan (grated)
1 Large Glass White Wine
50g Ty Tanglwyst Dairy Butter
Dash of Forage Rapeseed Oil
Approx. 500ml of water
1. Sweat off the onion and garlic in the butter on a low heat.
2. Add the risotto rice and glass of white wine and stir gently.
3. Slowly add the stock until fully absorbed (if all liquid is absorbed add a little water until the rice is cooked). Set pan aside while you cook remaining ingredients.
4. Cut pork collar into lardons and fry in a little rapeseed oil until golden.
5. Cut asparagus ends off and with the peas blanche in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes until al dente.
6. Stir the pork and vegetables through the rice. Add spinach and most of the grated cheese (and more liquid if needed). Finally, add in a few small knobs of butter to emulsify the rice.
7. Plate up and finish with more grated cheese.
To make up to 2 days in advance, spread the cooked risotto rice base thinly onto a baking tray and store in the fridge.